19 August 2009

Typography... Wednesday? And more!

Hayley is sitting next to me blogging, while I am in the process of fixing my family's godforsaken computer. It's taking forever: ETA 212 minutes for my dad's iTunes library to copy to the backup drive. I haven't blogged in quite some time, and I felt like being corny, so now Hayley and I are blogging next to each other.

First things first: a belated Typography Tuesday.

Katoma Bouabane is responsible for Melting Words, a wonderful collection of photos of ice-cube-letter-things. They, to me, spell out (ha!) how temporary the feelings they express can be. I like them a lot.


from here.

Also great is fridayfonts. They share a new font every week developed by students at Academy of Visual Arts Hong Kong. None of them are incredibly utilitarian, but they're all very innovative and fun to look at.

--

The wedding was great. I'm not going to go into great detail about it, because that would take forever. Suffice it to say that it was awesome and beautiful and great (and so, so stressful. I am never handling a wedding cake again, as long as I live). I'm very happy and honored to have been a part of it. It gave me a lot of inspiration for my own life: Graham and Sarah are incredibly in love with each other. If you want to read more about it, I'm sure Hayley's post will more than cover it.

--

My parents are currently at a tea party. It is taking place in a public square paid for with tax dollars. My parents send their children to public school. I'm drowning in the irony. I'm actually about, as soon as this is posted, to go take some photos of it (and entrust Hayley with the computer. She doesn't want to come). I'll put those up as soon as they're ready.

EDIT: Lauren (whom I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting this weekend) took a brilliant, lovely photo of Hayley and I. It's one of the few photos of myself I actually like, and possibly the only good picture that will ever be taken of Hayley and me together. So thanks, Lauren. You kick ass.


2 comments:

  1. Love the Typography Tuesday.

    Adorable picture of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute picture. :) And the ice thing is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete