08 July 2009

Overunder

I'm sick today. So, instead of doing anything productive, I learned new photo software!

Adobe Lightroom is awesome. If you take pictures, get Lightroom. I was using Picasa as a photo library, but Lightroom is easier and gives you much more control over organization and editing. I need to reorganize my library to work better with it, but it's oh so very shiny, really. Lightroom is like if Photoshop were iTunes, if that makes any sense.

I also got Noise Ninja which, well, reduces noise. It works very well, much better than Photoshop. Blurs images a bit, but Lightroom's clarity setting can fix that right up. Then, Photomatix, which makes HDR pictures. I need some more time to learn this stuff, but I have a general working knowledge right now.

There was a panorama I posted a while ago, and I don't think I ever linked to the software I used to make it. I used hugin. It's the best panorama stitcher around, as far as I've heard, and it's free. It's a little intimidating to use at first but, once you play with it a bit, it makes sense.

Enough of my talking. This photo is from Moab. It was my HDR guinea pig.

--



--

Oh, and I'm hopefully going to make it back to the cement plant sometime this week. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment